Saturday, July 6, 2024

Jamie Foxx Is Talking About His Mysterious Medical Emergency

Although Corinne said the actor was on his way to recovery, she didnt reveal what exactly happened to her father, leading to months of speculation about his wellbeing. Three months later, when Foxx addressed the incident for the first time, he alluded to having worried about whether hed survive or not, but he kept most details of the ordeal private. Now, the Oscar and Grammy winner is opening up about the mysterious medical emergency. Over the weekend, a video of Foxx talking to fans about the ordeal made rounds on social media. reports that its unclear when the video was recorded. In it, Foxx says that on April 11, 2023, he experienced a bad headache and asked my boy for an Advil. Then, Foxx says, I was gone for 20 days. I dont remember anything. The actors sister and daughter took him to a doctor, who administered a cortisone shot before another doctor said theres something going on up there. I wont say it oncamera. Foxx hasnt shared many details about the incident or his monthslong recovery. Last July, he said, I went through something that I thought I would never, ever go through. I know a lot of people were waiting or wanting to hear updates, but to be honest with you, I just didnt want you to see me like that, he said at the time. I want you to see me laughing, having a good time partying, cracking a joke, doing a movie, television show. I didnt want you to see me with tubes running out of me and trying to figure out if I was gonna make it through. The actor made his first public appearance since his hospitalization in December when he attended the Critics Choice Awards. It feels good to be here, he told the audience. I cherish every single minute now. Its different. This spring, Foxx promised to share more about what happened and seemed to tease some sort of comedy special. Ive gotta do it in my way, he said. Im gonna do it in a funny way. Were gonna be on the stage. Were gonna get back to the standup sort of roots. Stay in touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

‘Morning Joe’ hosts take on-air swipe at leadership after program was pulled from air

The hosts of MSs Morning Joe rebuked the networks leadership on Tuesday, expressing dismay over the decision to pull the flagship morning sh...